Monday, March 30, 2009

Sunny days & sweet awards



Lucy, Sunday & I took the train down to Melbourne on Saturday to see Charlotte





before she heads off to New York (!). We also popped in to the Made in Thornbury market which was FUN. The girls loved the hairclips and brooches and all the colourful stalls.






Then we dropped in on my brother and his family for a cuppa before heading back on the train. I love train travel..it's so relaxing. It was such a beautiful sunny weekend and we all enjoyed time together and at home. Great to go to our local makers market too on Sunday which looked fantastic. The stalls all looked great and I loved the rag mat maker who had her gorgeous mats all laid out on the grass like colourful suns. Didn't take any photo's unfortunately...!

STOP PRESS!!



How exciting, two awards from the lovely Jemm!! My first two awards - isn't she sweet? It's nice to know that my everyday ramblings are read by someone a million miles away. I love the way blogs bring people together - it reminds me of the penfriends I had when I was younger. Thanks Jemm!



Award number one is the Lemonade Award which is for showing great attitude and/or gratitude.
The Rules are:

1. Put the logo on your blog, nominate at least 10 blogs, which show great attitude and/or gratitude.
2. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
3. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
4. Share the love and link to this post, and/or to the person from whom you received your award.


So the ten blogs I am nominating are...










All wonderful and inspiring blogs!
Now for the next award.....

The Rules: 1. You have to list 7 things that you love.
2. Link to the person who has tagged you and
3. Then choose 7 more bloggers to give the Kreative Award to

Here are 7 things I love:

1. My family

2. my lovely friends

3. our pets & garden

4. making & creating

5. reading

6. colour & ideas

7. living in the country

And the seven lovely bloggers that I am giving this award to are:

Wonderful and creative blogs that I always enjoy reading.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
See below the dear little shelf I found at the local junk shop. It is meant to be getting put up in the sewing room but Rosie seems to have other plans for it. Hope you are having a great day, see you soon, x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow thanks for the award - I've never had one before!!! Jan

Alice Band said...

Thanks for thinkging of me - although I dont quite understand the award thing. Where is the red carpet, the 'I'm wearing Dior and the sobbing acceptence speech? Now that's an award!!!
I love your blog. It's other- worldly.

Cosy said...

Eeeep! An award! Thanks Beck! What a surprise.

Carolyn

Running Thread said...

Did you know there is a gorgeous children's book called Charlotte in New York. You might like to track it down for your friend...

CurlyPops said...

Thankyou so much for being such a sweetie!

Emily said...

You kids are so cute!! Is your oldest in college? She looks so young :)

LiliPili said...

Awards yay! You made me smile and that's a good thing. We must do a coffee soon! xx

Bek said...

Thanks for the award and your lovely comment on my blog!

Amber said...

Thank you so so so much. How exciting. An award and i love to pass these on too. Thank you so much...xx

Teena Vallerine said...

thank-you sweetie! lovely! t.x