Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The long weekend...

We have just had a very busy and fun long weekend! On Friday I had a lovely cuppa with a friend at Cliffy's (see above) & then hightailed it up to the church Jumble Sale.

As I was on my way down to Melbourne to see Charlotte I had a look for a little something to take her. This tiny succulant & a sweet jug caught my eye ...

... so I combined them for her to have on her desk at school.


On Sunday we all watched the fabulous Chillout street parade.. always amazing! The kids loved all the colour and drama, so did I! It was great to be out celebrating & having fun.


After a busy shift at the Daylesford Information Centre I then popped down to the Chillout Carnival to do a stint at the Info Centre's booth. Rainbow umbrellas sold like hot cakes! The carnival was packed with people and it was great to have the buzz of happy visitors in our town


On Monday the sun shone and the kids played for ages in the garden. Lovely Phillipa dropped by and George stayed for a play. Patch the rabbit lounged in the sunlight - until she was hijacked by Rosie who appeared with Patch (looking a bit dazed)in her clutches! A real rabbit wrangler...




Isn't this little church cute? It has been for sale for quite a long time and everytime I drive past it I think how adorable it is. Well....my mum has been looking for a house to buy in the area and also fell in love with it! So as of the 1st of May it will be hers! Wow. It is over a hundred years old and started life as a school house out in the bush. I think my mum is going to have a lot of fun planning new adventures for church, and for her...how exciting!


I have been a bit flat lately so it was good to have a happy weekend. I am feeling alot better this week and have started sewing again - a new bunny is on the go! Also I'm attempting to go for a good walk every day and hopefully I will get a bit healthier too. Hope you are having a great week too..bye for now, x


ps: Check out this postcard that was pinned up in the toilet at Cliffy's..love it! x

5 comments:

Flossie and Tom said...

That church is gorgeous - it looks like something from a film set.

Glad you had a good weekend and are feeling better

Sara

Bernadette said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, it took me until this weekend to almost feel back to normal too!

Emily said...

The carnival and sale look so fun! How nice for your mom too. What a cute little place.

Mandy said...

What lovely photos!
Love the church cant wait to see inside once your mum moves in. How lucky is she and you for that matter its beautiful

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous place your mum has! Settling into that little place will be great fun!

LOve that sign! And clever thinking 99 with the jug!