Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Simple


After being away from home for ten days, I'm taking things pretty quietly.


Thank you for all your good wishes, it was so lovely to read your sweet comments when I was sick. I'm much better now but it will take a little while to get back on track.


In the meantime I'm enjoying a slower pace, living more gently & taking pleasure in the simple things. My Christmas sugar bowl so shiny & happy.


I'm reacquainting myself with Lemonade,


and Smokey & the other chookies. It looks like Smokey is a Mr, not a Mrs, so unfortunately there will be no blue eggs!


It's been good to be home with everyone, ducks included. I missed my little house and family while I was gone.


Rosie is so funny and interesting, today she made green slime at holiday program. She has new lunch containers and a new lunch box and is SO ready for school in a week or so. I wonder how I'll be??


Lucy & Ruby From Next Door are planning a sleepover tonight...I wonder if there will be any sleep?

  
Summer holidays, so full of lovely things.
Like this pretty shelf I found at the Tip Shop, isn't it ace?
I don't have anywhere to put it yet but maybe one day I will,
I just love it.


So life is tootling along at a pleasant pace, fresh food from our garden,


sunny skies & Scrabble,
lots of cuddles and loving, to make up for time missed,
dreams & stories running through my head,


a lovely family
keeping my heart warm.
Hope things are good & happy in your world,
see you soon xo

26 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Welcome home Beck! It's so nice to hear you are taking things slow & enjoying the simple things. OH.MY. That self is beautiful! There will certainly be space for it somewhere I am certain. Take care x

CurlyPops said...

Welcome home Beck. Ten days is such a long time to be stuck in there!
I hope you are taken care of this week so that you can rest and recover and get back to your old self again.

Tania said...

Oh Beck! You poor poppet. Have caught up (once again, always the last to know). SO pleased you are at home and busying yourself with recuperation and important things like catch-up cuddles and very excellent shelvery...

Mary said...

Glad to see you're back home and on the mend. Cornishware seems like a pretty ace Christmas pressie too.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are feeling a bit better , it's nice to see you again .

Anonymous said...

glad you are on the mend Beck, love your shelf by the way, gorgeous find. Best wishes

x

Kate said...

Lovely to see you here on this screen as well as the little one full of letters. Pepper got that green slime on Rosie's hand me down white dress this afternoon and I almost cried. I don't think its going to come out.Lets have a quiet coffee one day soon I miss you in real life. Oh and I need to have a look at your mag. Let me know if there's anything you need. XX

Anonymous said...

SO very sorry to hear you have been so unwell Beck and how wonderful you are back home now I hope you are feeling fully recovered and taking very good care of yourself xx

Emily said...

So glad you are well. How scary to have to go to the hospital. Love the photos of your chickens. So cute! Your shelves are a terrific find :)

Maria Rose said...

Glad you are feeling better and yes, that shelf is awesome!

Floss said...

How lovely to hear from you and catch a glimpse of your relaxed, simplified life - keep taking it easy!

Freckled Hen said...

Glad you are home with your lovely family, sorry to hear you were ill and hope your recovery speeds right along.

Elisabeth said...

Have been thinking of you alot.
Glad you are home again. Take care.

Hugs Elisabeth

Heidi said...

I'm so happy to hear your feeling better, love the shelf!!

crzylady said...

so many good things! and so many pretty pictures, as usual. Glad to see you again!

Unknown said...

Welcome Back!! Glad you are feeling better! xxx

Jennie said...

So sorry you haven't been well Beck. That was a long time away from home - so glad you are back and feeling better!

I do love your posts.
Much love to you xxxJ.

Mare said...

I am so glad to hear you are back home with your family! Take good care and go slow...enjoy the hugs...

Catherine said...

glad you're back home Beck! Hope you get lots of TLC as you regain your energy x

Cllr Nat said...

So glad to see that you are on the road to recovery......and it's also good to see that you are taking it easy and giving yourself time to recoveer fully.....take care xxx

Cathie said...

glad you're out of there Beck, hope you are feeling better & taking it easy.
gorgeous pics, beautiful flowers.
many hugs lovely ♥

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you are home now & recovering nicely...
Love your Op find will look Fabulous with a lick of paint...
Take Care

jane said...

hello! i loved looking at your sunny post. and glad you are feeling better. warm hugs!

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Special Beck, Im so happy you're home and feeling a little better.
I've missed "hearing "your voice so much. Please take it easy and good care of yourself.
lots of love and the biggest hugs
xo

hester said...

Great to see you are home, Beck. Take it easy and let the people who love you spoil you.

Gorgeous little shelf, you lucky girl.

I was just putting away my old cornishware breakfast bowl and thinking it was looking shabby and maybe I should part with it, but you have reminded me how much I love those blue and white stripes.

Le said...

so glad you are better and home again - rest well and take a moment to just be quiet - what a nasty bug it must have been - hugs le