Friday, October 16, 2009

Road trip


Yesterday we drove through fields of green,


and paddocks of gold.



A day off school meant Bill went to work with Mark & the girls & I had a day out. The first official road trip for the newly formed, Op Shop Girls Club. The sky was blue above as we cruised through tiny towns with their little clusters of farmhouses, letterboxes and palm trees. Little towns with pretty names like Daisy Hill & Ascot and bigger, bolder towns like Ballarat, Clunes & Maryborough.



The op shops were plentiful and full of wonderful treasures. We picked carefully so as not to be greedy. We don't really need more things, it was just a fun way to pass the day.



We snacked in the car, sang to Madonna & Blondie & watched the weather & the landscape changing.



I think I needed a day full of sky.
A day away from hospital visits (me with asthma, Lucy too).
Some time to move through different colours, different air.


We drove down unfamiliar roads, admired old buildings, winding our way back home.
The sky turn from blue to grey to black.
It rained, it hailed and then the sun came out again.
All too soon we were back where we started.

More driving tomorrow, I am off to tend to the garlic.
Hope there's lots of & colour in your weekend, see you soon xo

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Now that sounds like the perfect day out to me. I'm hoping to head up that way very soon for a similar oppy road trip with my sister. I hope you left me some bargains!

Kate said...

Sounds like the best day. We had a similar day today with a road trip, fields of yellow and a break from real life. Hope today with the garlic was a fun one too. Have a great weekend, maybe we'll even meet up at the choir thing or the lantern parade. XX

Pomona said...

Amazing skies! I guess that op shop means charity shop? What is the 'op' short for? It sounds like my dream day anyway, visiting lots of them!

Pomona x

Sue said...

It sounds like a great day out. We have had the same weather here, and today it poured around 2:00. I really am loving the rain as long as I dont get drenched in it. I hope you found lots of wonderful goodies at the op shop too.

Unknown said...

What a lovely post , thanks so much for that .

Michelle said...

I love little road trips...
I would have one everyday if I could...
Last time I was out west...About an hour away...The fields were like this...Just amazing...
Great photo's, thanks so much for sharing them...

Miss Matilda said...

wow beck, the countryside around daylesford looks so beautiful, i hear it's an amazing place. Op shop tours are one of my favourite things too, always such an adventure!
Thanks for your comment the other day :-)

tea with lucy said...

What a perfectly wonderful day!