Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday



Lately I have been taking photo's on the way to Ballarat. It's a well worn trip but it never bores me, there are always so many things to look at, to love. Especially houses, old ones in particular. I often look at this one, above, which I think is one of my favourites. I love to think of it's history, of the people who lived here long ago. Imagine the cold winters they had...


And I"ve been noticing these two as well. Two cute piggies who came running over to greet me at the fence. Funny.


On Saturday I headed in to Ballarat early to continue the training I began the week before. As the country side slowly woke up after a cold, cold night, beautiful mist floated over the trees, and hills.

 It was another interesting session and I feel like I've learnt a lot. Much of which can be related to my every day life and own family, not just to foster care.  The sadness & challenges faced by so many families is pretty confronting, it has given me much to think about. I'm not sure where this training will lead me, but it has been a really positive thing to do.


At home, where life is stable and secure, we loved having Charlotte home for the night, to hang with us & have dinner & chats. Check out her famous fish finger 'Combo'...hmmm :)


Yesterday Billy & Lucy set off for a full day of netball & footy at Spring Bank. For the Under 12's it is their version of finals,  several games are played until one team ultimately wins.

The girls did well, Lucy's game has improved so much since the beginning of the season. Sadly they didn't win but tried hard and played like a team.  Bill's team went on to win the Under 12 Lightning Premiership, after not losing a game the whole season!! He was pretty happy when he got home. Dirty, muddy, but smiling from ear to ear.


Rosie has a cold. So today she ate oranges, sucked on vitamin C and drank lots of water. She is staying home today, it will be nice to spend the day with her, just like the old days!


It's lovely to feel the seasons changing. Although we have a fair bit of cold weather left to go I'm loving the little signs of Spring. Our chooks are laying (woo hoo) and all around there are buds and flowers,
birds and green, green grass.


                                          Have you heard about Vic's photo game?


It sound like fun, I"m going to give it a go. It might take me past some of my favourite
places. Like Jack's garage doors with their colourful birds.


     Or maybe past this mysterious hedge and gate.
I've never seen anyone going in, or out. Spooky...


I love an adventure so I'm quite excited.  Speaking of which, it's Monday! A new day, a new week! Who knows what will happen. Hope you have a happy one, are you doing anything new or interesting?
See you soon, lovely friends xo


8 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

I always love your weekend snippets, great pictures! Hooray for laying chooks & fresh eggs, nothing beats them! I love that hedged arch too, it reminds me of a storybook I read as a kid, but I can't think of what it was called. It was about a little girl whose best friend was a ghost, a bit spooky but I loved it..x

Tania Verdez said...

I love the drive to Ballarat too. Charlie and i often stop to talk to the animals. I also love an old house! There is great one on the left just before you reach Glenlyon, Have you seen it? xx

Kate said...

I just got so excited when I saw u had a new blog up. Looking at ur gorgeous pics & reading your words is the next best thing to being there with you. I hope u have the most wonderful week. xx

teddybearswednesday said...

Gee I love your posts Beck.
I love that old house too and how cute are those piggies!! Seeing all this gorgeous pics, makes me feel all nostalgic ( except I've never lived in the country) but am more and more having the longing too ( live in the country)
I seem to have missed what you are training for sorry.
YAY for Bill and his team but also for Lucy too!
Hope Rosie's feels better soon. much love xoxo

Michelle said...

I love that pic of the old house. I love old houses too and love to think about its history.

We're enjoying those little snippets of spring too.

littlekarstar said...

Those pics are terrific, I love old buildings too. The pigs are so full of character!

Thereisabuttonmissing said...

Loved your photos in this post Bec. I am always interested in the new house that has been built near the Swiss Mountain hotel. It's the house on the right that looks like a shed, with the childs castle and the old fashioned washing line...they always have something new and interesting going on at that house.
It would be lovely to hear more about your course. We have looked into it but I'm not sure if it is the right time, just yet...

Lindy in Brisbane said...

Those pigs are just hilarious. Coming to the fence to meet you! So funny. It's great having kids involved in sport isn't it? Our seasons are winding down (footy and netball), and I really miss it when it finishes. It also signals the end of winter, which is such a dream here. That hedge reminds me of one I used to see as a kid on the road between Dunkeld and Hamilton. It was massive, and had the name of the property, 'Bolinda', cut into it.