Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Creative Space



..is a bit all over the place this week. After having sick kids home for ages and alot of inside/home time it will take me a while to get back on track. Having said that I'm in full bunny making mode, adding to the shop every day or so and stock piling for some upcoming events.


I have been considering doing a market or two for a while and have been wondering which to apply for and how many to take on as I am quite busy with orders and my little online shop. I thought about Finders Keepers, which I'm sure is an amazing event, but I've decided against it as I want to stay local and more child friendly. So I've applied for and been accepted to do the wonderful Sugar & Spice Christmas Market in Woodend and Ballarat! Yay! As it is a children's market my bunnies should fit in nicely and I'm making lists and thinking about what else I will make. I can't wait to join this sweet market, it should be a lot of fun.


Working at home can be quite isolating so I'm looking forward to meeting other makers & customers at Sugar & Spice, seeing what other people are making and having a good old chat. I love the hustle & bustle and colour & life of a good market, I really enjoyed those aspects of our own local market in the old days.

Now I have to make sure I keep some bunnies aside and am not tempted to pop them all here.
Like Blossom above!


I seem to be in a good rhythm though and am finding the more I make the easier it is. Although I did have some issues with split seams (no, not from laughing..) which I have hopefully overcome. Those bunny legs are so skinny..


I'm a bit excited too as my new camera arrived yesterday and although I didn't have much time I did do a little bit of impromptu snapping around the (messy) house. These tulips are really doing it for me this week, their colour and shape are exquisite.


I know, a little spooky but still so captivating.
There is some serious sunshine out my window so hopefully the camera & I will venture outdoors today as well. Yay!



Ahoy there! (Bill's new pirate bunny.)

Do you get sick of seeing bunnies here every week? Hope not because they are breeding like...well you know. At least they are all different, that's what keeps it interesting for me.
Hope you are having a happy week sweeties,
off now to check out some other spaces
over at Kirsty's,
much love
xo


21 comments:

Renee said...

Oh congratulations on getting in to the Sugar & Spice Market - I will see you at the christmas market in Woodend! I never tire of seeing your bunnies. They are gorgeous and they look like they all have different personalities. Can't wait to see them in real life in December!

Anonymous said...

we could never tire of seeing these gorgeous creatures and their divine clothing! have a fantastic day.

x

SewSofie said...

I love reading your blog and seeing those lovely little bunnies. Congrats on the market and your shop! I'm planning on coming down to the market to see all the beautiful Macedon region make craft.

Unknown said...

So totally captivated by how cute your bunnies are. Yay for a new camera, have fun exploring with it!

Rie said...

The bunnies are so cute! I love the little green cardigan!

Doily said...

I'm in love with Poppy and missing you lots!

I will SO be there in the Rat for Sugar and Spice.
xxx

teddybearswednesday said...

SOO exciting about the market Beck! YAY! You will sell out I'm sure with your gorgeous bunnies. I know what you mean about working from home being isolating.
Exciting about your new camera too, enjoy xo
PS sorry if i overloaded in my email to you

Heidi said...

How nice your going to do so well!!!

74 Lime Lane said...

it's all really exciting Beck, good luck with the market and we could never get sick of seeing your gorgeous bunnies

Vic said...

Oooooooh, a sweet market in Ballarat eh...? I wonder if Le Punk & I could make it over... we've not made it to Daylesford yet, but Ballarat is a fair bit closer... hmmmmmm....

mel @ loved handmade said...

all too gorgeous! I'm definately going to make it to one of those markets to see you & your beautiful bunnies. Hope everyone is well & truely better over at your place now, a little spring sunshine is certainly in order after a cold & sick winter...

Ally Jay said...

Hope the market goes well. Love the bunnies, they are so sweet.

Elisabeth said...

Oh no Beck, I´ll never get sick of seeing your bunnies! They are so cute! Good luck with the market :-)

Elisabeth

Fippa said...

Bill's Bunny is pretty hardcore with those ears...could he have a tattoo as well? It could say Mum!

Ady said...

Awww - the bunnies are so gorgeous!

Copper Patch said...

Don't stop blogging bunnyness. I love em!

Photography said...

I Love you bunnies with teh skirts - just gorgeous. And new camera? I'm jealous - we need one soon :-) Everyone has sicknesses at the moment - we are very much over it - leave of buggies already!!!

Miss Muggins said...

Could never ever be sick of your gorgeous bunnies. The market sounds sweet indeed. Wishing you bucket loads of success.

Snooze said...

craft chaos is the best ... and i always love your bunnies.
My Creative Space

Wendy said...

Good for you, Beck! And that first photo is drool-worthy...all those goodies!

michelle said...

i doubt that i would ever tire of those divine bunnies with their snappy outfits. i hope the illness situation is improving for you. your photos are gorgeous